University of Minnesota in the USA is offering the Global Excellence Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024. This scholarship opportunity is open to international freshman and transfer students who wish to pursue a degree program at the University. The selection process is highly competitive and hinges on academic achievement.
Recipients of these awards are distinguished members of their cohort, showcasing a history of remarkable academic preparation. For the 2022–23 academic cycle, international freshman applicants can potentially receive annual scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 for a maximum of four years.
Sponsored by the University of Minnesota, USA, these scholarships are applicable exclusively at the same institution. They fall under the category of tuition awards and cater to students at the undergraduate level. The scholarship value varies from $10,000 to $25,000 annually.
Candidates who are eligible hail from a range of countries and are studying a variety of subjects offered by the University. The scholarship is designed to benefit international students.
Additionally, transfer students enrolling in the Fall semester have the chance to secure $10,000 per year for up to three years. However, those starting in the Spring semester will be considered for scholarships based on fund availability.
Continued eligibility for these scholarships necessitates maintaining F-1 immigration status. Further details and answers to any queries about the Global Excellence Scholarship can be found on the International Student and Scholar Services website.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:
1. International student status.
2. Admission into an undergraduate degree program.
3. Pursuit of undergraduate courses offered by the University.
4. Selection based on academic excellence.
5. Full-time enrollment in the Honours program for the corresponding semester.
6. Possession of outstanding personal attributes, such as emotional maturity, motivation, and perseverance.
7. Submission of high school transcripts and/or GSE results. In case the transcript is not in English, a certified translation is required.
8. Possession of a high school certificate or its equivalent.
9. Display of high motivation, responsibility, and the ability to work autonomously and effectively within a structured framework.
10. Proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills.
11. Holding an offer for a full-time program at the University of Minnesota, USA.
12. Application process is based on merit and demonstration of leadership.
13. Compliance with the University of Minnesota’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Applying for this scholarship does not require a separate application. The assessment is conducted holistically, considering the overall admission application. All international freshman and transfer students who meet the application deadlines are automatically considered for the Global Excellence Scholarship.
Website link: https://intlstudy.umn.edu/costs