To provide financial assistance for students from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Murdoch University.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be residing in Australia
- A person seeking asylum
- Be on a Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa or in the process of applying for one of these or any other protection visa.
- Be eligible for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the time of application
- Be intending to enrol and commence studies in Semester 1, 2023 at Murdoch University
How to Apply
Please email the completed application form and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The scholarship requires you to provide the following documents:
- completed application form
- please provide a copy of your visa or provide evidence you have applied for a protection visa/SHEV/TPV
- a personal statement (of no more than 1 A4 page) that includes:
- What has been your previous work and study experience – this can be formal (school or TAFE) or informal (voluntary work, learning with volunteer organisations)?
- What are your motivations regarding studying your particular course and how does this relates to your future career?
- What barriers (financial or otherwise) does this scholarship assist you in overcoming?
- Statement of recommendation from a school (secondary or tertiary) or community leader (not a family member).
- Referee Statements which could support your application
100% of tuition fees will be covered.
Annual Living Stipend – Payment will be made in the following instalments: $5,000 per annum ($2,500 per semester) across the length of the successful recipient’s degree.
Student Amenities fee will be waived.
The successful recipient will also have use of a Murdoch Laptop.
Website link: https://www.murdoch.edu.au/study/scholarship/asylum-seekers-and-refugees-scholarship