First, apply for academic admission to the degree program of your choice by the posted deadlines. Georgia State admits all academically qualified undergraduate students, regardless of immigration status. However, ISSS is not involved in the application process or admission decisions.
|Fall Semester||Starts in August|
|Spring Semester||Starts in January|
|Summer Semester||Starts in June|
For Associate Degree Programs:
- Contact: Georgia State University – Perimeter College Office of Admissions.
For Bachelor Degree Programs:
- Contact: Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
For Graduate Degree Programs:
- Contact: The Graduate School.
- Graduate Program leads to Masters and Ph.D. level degrees. Unique admission requirements and deadlines are indicated on their websites.
For Exchange Program options:
- Contact: Program Coordinators of the exchange agreement of interest to you.
Next, after academic acceptance, our International Admissions Coordinator in ISSS will contact you about your I-20 or DS-2019.
- You’ll be directed to upload required documentation via an online system called “iStart.”
- After all required documentation is uploaded and your file is complete, your form I-20 or DS-2019 will be processed and sent to you in the manner that you select.
- When you receive your I-20 or DS-2019, then you can apply for a Visa in your home country.
If you are overseas and need assistance with the U.S. academic admissions process, please contact the nearest EducationUSA advising center. These helpful centers advise prospective international students and others on higher education options in the United States.
U.S. Permanent Residents and those with any other immigration status:
- Permanent Residents: please email the front and back of your green card (or relevant immigration documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Request that we review your documents to remove you from iStart, remove holds and update your citizenship status accordingly.
- Others: If you have any other immigration status and you’re not changing status to F1 or J1, please complete the VOLP: Verification of Lawful Presence e-form, located under the Admission tab in iStart. Otherwise, you may “opt-out of” (choose not to complete) the VOLP form by submitting the VOLP “opt-out” form instead.
Website link: https://isss.gsu.edu/incoming-students/step-1-admissions/