Note: The Global UGRAD Pakistan Program is currently closed. For further details, please email the Fulbright Commission in Pakistan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (also known as the Global UGRAD Program) provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
One semester scholarships
Eligibility and Application Overview
Public applications are accepted.Two organizations administer the Global UGRAD Program on behalf of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Application deadlines vary by program and region. Please visit the program websites below or contact the U.S. Embassy in your home country for further details and eligibility requirements.
Global UGRAD Program – Administered by World Learning
Pakistan – Administered by IREX
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program provides non-degree undergraduate study abroad in the United States on a competitive basis to university students.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- over 18 years of age;
- a citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
- completed secondary education in their home country;
- a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- able to begin studies in the United States in August 2021 or January 2022 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Website Link: https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program-global-ugrad