The International Monetary Fund-IMF’s Legal Department is currently welcoming applications from young students in the university to an internship assignment, part of the 2023 Fund Internship Program (FIP).
The IMF works to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty.
Company/Organisation(s): International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Internship Location: USA
Internship Duration: 10-12 weeks
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
See Also: Schlumberger Operation Internships 2023 | Fully Funded
IMF 2023 Fund Internship Program | What to Expect
The duration of the internship will be 10-12 weeks, and will be undertaken between May and October 2023 (the precise period of the internship will be agreed between the department and the successful candidate).
The selected candidate will work in one of the units of the Legal Department under the supervision and guidance of a senior member of the unit. Projects assigned (which differ from year to year) will be determined at a time closer to the start of the internship to ensure that they are directly aligned with the department’s work program and, to the extent possible, with the interests of the intern. Past internship research projects have covered a broad spectrum of legal issues as the examples below from previous year illustrate:
- Analysis of the impact of corruption on sovereign lending and on sovereign debt restructuring.
- Review the regulatory approaches taken by one or more financial centres to insider trading and the use of material non-public information.
- Research on international law issues related to monetary and financial law with relevance to the IMF’s mandate on surveillance and use of IMF resources
- Research on Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) design options to facilitate analysis on the financial integrity and anti-money laundering and combating terrorism financing implications generated by different arrangements.
- Analysis of cross-border payments data and identification of outlier financial flows potentially related to money laundering, underlying crimes and terrorism financing.
To be eligible for IMF 2023 Fund Internship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be within one or two years of completing their L.L.M., J.D., or equivalent degree in law.
- Be in student status, i.e., must be returning to university after their internship.
- Should normally not exceed 32 years of age.
- Have an excellent command of English (both written and oral).
- Possess strong quantitative and computer skills.
You May Like: British Council Nigeria Internship Programme for Recent Graduates 2023( Paid Internship)
How-to-Apply: To be considered for IMF 2023 Fund Internship Program, applicants should submit application online and must attach the following to their job applications:
- Fully completed application form.
- Responses to all questions.
- CV or Résumé; as an attachment.
- University transcript for current program of study; and
- Two academic reference letters
After submitting your application, you will receive a system-generated acknowledgement. Only candidates who are identified for further consideration will be contacted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please note: if you are unable to attach 2 academic reference letters to your application at this time, this will not lead to disqualification. If you are long-listed for further consideration you will have a short timeframe in which to provide the references, at that time.
Website link: https://imf.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/IMF/login?redirect=%2Fen-US%2FIMF%2Fjob%2FUSA-Washington-DC%2FXMLNAME-2023-Fund-Internship-Program—Legal-Department_22-R4100%2Fapply
- mf fund internship program
- imf fund internship programme
- imf fund internship program salary
- imf internship salary
- how does imf get funding
- does imf give grants
- imf fees
- imf fund internship program 2023
- imf fund internship programme 2024
- imf fund internship program salary 2023
- imf internship salary 2023
- how does imf get funding 2023
- imf fees 2023
- does imf charge interest 2023