With the approaching school season, various universities and institutes are presently scouting for the best and brightest eligible undergraduate Nigerian students who possess the necessary qualifications, to receive financial assistance to pursue a Bachelor’s degree internationally or here in Nigeria.
To ensure that you don’t miss out on any of these study opportunities, we have made available, information on everything you need to know about applying for the ongoing scholarships available for Nigerian students.
Courtesy of the ScholarshipAir website, you can now be in the know about the various current scholarships for Nigerian students and still get notified when other new scholarships are uploaded on the site.
We have found the scholarships for you, so all you need do is simply go through the list we have created for you above to check out the online scholarships for undergraduates which will be the perfect study opportunity for you.
Available Scholarships For Nigerian Undergraduates 2022-2023
In case you haven’t heard, scholarships are now being awarded to qualified students to study undergraduate courses at numerous universities and institutes.
The applications for scholarships are already in full swing, and many students from around the world have begun to send in their application letters to awarding bodies.
If you are confused as to which scholarship to apply for as a Nigerian student, here are some scholarships you are eligible for:
- PTDF Scholarship
- SEPLAT Scholarship
- NLNG Scholarship
- Jim Ovia Scholarship
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- Guinness Scholarship
- Agbami Medical and Engineering Scholarship
- MTN Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
- NNPC Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Commonwealth Scholarship For Undergraduate
- SEPLAT Scholarship Application
- MEXT Scholarship Application
- UCAS Scholarship For Undergraduate
- UNICEF Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Total Undergraduate Scholarship
- Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
- NDDC Undergraduate Scholarship
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
- ExxonMobil Undergraduate Scholarship
- World Bank Undergraduate Scholarship
- CIA Undergraduate Scholarship
- MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarship
- USAID Undergraduate Scholarship
Eligibility For Undergraduate Scholarship
Before you apply for any undergraduate scholarship, you need to make sure that you meet all the necessary requirements in order to be deemed eligible to receive the scholarship by the awarding body.
While respective organizations and institutes have specific requirements they request from applicants, they’re are standard requirements every undergraduate student aspiring to study abroad should meet.
Here are some of the documents you must possess to be eligible:
- Passport Photograph
- WAEC Certificate
- International Passport (if you are studying abroad)
- Reference Letter/Sponsorship Letter
- Local Government of Origin Identification
- O’level Result
- Jamb Result
- Birth Certificate
- National Identification Number (optional in most cases)
If you are planning to study abroad, you need to meet any of these requirements:
- Be an international student
- Be a citizen or resident of an international country outside the awarding body’s own country
- Be from a developing African country -if the scholarship is specifically for students from a developing Africa country (Nigeria is included)
- Would have already applied and been accepted for undergraduate studies at the university of your choice or at least received a conditional offer.
How To Apply For Undergraduate Scholarship
Usually, when you are applying for a scholarship, you need to submit your application form or letter, and requested documents to whichever organization or university that is sponsoring the scholarship.
However, every scholarship has an application method specific to it, which is implemented and overseen by the awarding body.
Take for instance, the BEA (Bilateral Education Agreement), you will have to submit your completed online application form at whichever JAMB centre you will be taking your CBT test in, along with the requested supporting documents like: photocopies of your educational certificates, testimonials, and WAEC certificates (bring along the originals for verification purposes), your birth certificate from the National Population Commission, state of origin/LGA certificate signed and stamped, and 4 coloured passport sized photographs with a white background.
For MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, since it is a partnership between MasterCard itself and other numerous universities, requires that you send your application directly to the scholarship webpage of the partner university you wish to study in.
Others, like the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students at Robert Gordon University requests that you send your scholarship application form and other supporting documents to the university via email.
While you are applying for the Agbami Medical and Engineering Scholarship For Undergraduate Nigerian Students, you need to scan and submit your documents on the scholarship portal.
If it’s the Gani Fawehinmi Undergraduate Scholarship Award for Nigerian Scholarship you are applying for, then you’ll need to send your application letter and supporting documents to the organization’s address via post.
Before you apply for any scholarship program, make sure that you thoroughly go through the application method of each of the organization and university.