The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 135 graduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
What is Offered
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
- books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
- The candidate should:
- be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country
- not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- have gained admission to an approved master’s course at a Designated Institution.
- hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record;
- have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. The candidate must have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- not be more than 35 years old at the time of application, unless waived in exceptional cases with the expressed endorsement of the Government of Japan;
- be in good health;
- agree to return and work in his/her home country for at least two (2) years after completion of studies under the Program in order to contribute to its development;
- not be an Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management, staff and consultants of ADB, or the close relatives of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: spouse, mother, stepmother, father, stepfather, sister, stepsister, brother, stepbrother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew;
- not be staff of ADB–JSP Designated Institutions;
- not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country; and
- not be already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
Available to citizens of the following countries/areas:
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
Website link: https://www.adb.org/work-with-us/careers/japan-scholarship-program