The State University of New York College at Geneseo is pleased to offer the International Student Academic Merit Awards for international students who wish to pursue their studies in the United States. This scholarship program is available for the academic session 2023-2024.
The International Student Academic Merit Awards are renewable for up to four years, provided that recipients maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Both freshman (first-year) and transfer students are eligible to apply. International applicants who have been admitted to SUNY Geneseo will be automatically considered for the scholarship.
International Student Academic Merit Awards at State University of New York College, USA
This is a great opportunity for international candidates to study in the USA with an International Student Academic Merit Award at the State University of New York College, Geneseo. Founded in 1871, Geneseo is renowned as one of the country’s top public liberal arts colleges. It is nationally recognized for its excellence in the liberal arts, distinguished faculty, welcoming environment, and the success of its graduates.
Why study at the State University of New York College, Geneseo? The university offers a wealth of advanced knowledge and inspires students to become socially responsible and globally aware individuals who are prepared for a successful and fulfilling life.
The Academic Merit Awards at the University of New York College, Geneseo are available for undergraduate level programs at the State University of New York.
All subjects are eligible for study under this scholarship program.
Successful candidates will receive an annual award ranging from $5,000 to $9,000 from the State University of New York College at Geneseo.
Domestic students are eligible to apply.
Eligible Countries: All international countries are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: Students can apply to study in an undergraduate program offered at SUNY Geneseo.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Applicants must be international students applying to SUNY Geneseo for enrollment into an undergraduate program for the summer, fall, or spring semester.
– Scholarship applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
– They must possess high school certificates with good academic records.
How to Apply: Applicants must first apply for admission to the university’s undergraduate degree program. Once accepted, students will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The following documents must be submitted to the university:
– Completed Application Form
– Relevant Academic Records
– Proof of English Proficiency
– One letter of recommendation
– Personal Statement
– Financial Statement of Support
– Photocopy of Passport ID page
– SAT/ACT scores (not required)
Up-to-date official transcripts from all secondary schools (high schools) attended, along with English translations, must be provided.
Language Requirement: Students must submit scores from one of the following English language proficiency tests:
– TOEFL (internet-based minimum score: 75)
Institution Code: 2540
– IELTS (minimum overall score of 6.5, with no section score below 6.0)
– PTE (minimum score of 58)
– iTEP (minimum score of 3.7)
– MET (minimum score of 53)
– Eiken Grade Pre-1
– Duolingo English Test (minimum score of 105)
– Cambridge English
Skills for English (CEFR B2 with Merit)
The deadline for the fall semester is January 1, and for the spring semester, it is October 1.
Apply here: https://www.geneseo.edu/scholarships