Sheffield University Management School is looking for talented and ambitious professionals who will contribute to the continuous success of our Sheffield MBA. We are offering a limited number of scholarships worth £10,000 each for Home and International students starting their MBA Programme in 2023.
How to apply
Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, career progression, and potential to contribute to the MBA programme.
You do not need to complete a separate application for the scholarship. All candidates who are offered a place on the full-time MBA will automatically be considered for our MBA scholarship.
Please read our guidance before you submit your MBA application.
MBA application guidance
As part of the application process, the admissions team will assess the application, including the personal statement. Candidates will be also assessed by their performance at their interview with the MBA admissions team.
- Applicants to the scholarship are required to hold any offer to study the Sheffield MBA, conditional or unconditional.
- Applicants who have been offered a place through the exceptions process cannot be considered for a scholarship.
Key dates and process
We will award scholarships throughout the year in line with the staged admissions dates.
All eligible candidates will be assessed for a scholarship during the stage the MBA application has been submitted within.
You will receive an offer to study the Sheffield MBA before you are made a scholarship offer.
All scholarship decisions will be made after the ‘decisions returned’ deadline for each stage and candidates will be notified if they have been awarded a scholarship within 2 weeks of this date.
Candidates must accept their scholarship and pay the deposit within the deadline given for the stage in which the application has been made.
We will assess the application form, including the personal statement and use this together with your performance at the interview with our MBA admissions team, to award an overall score.
When assessing your application, we will give regard to how you addressed the following questions (200 words per question) in your personal statement.
- Why you want to join Sheffield MBA and any other information you want to include in support of your application.
- How do you think you stand out based on your professional experience and any other notable achievements?
- How will you contribute to the Sheffield MBA?
- How will you benefit from our focus on consultancy, entrepreneurship and leadership?
- What are your career aspirations and how will The Sheffield MBA help you achieve those?
All candidates’ scores will be reviewed together once the ‘decisions returned’ deadline has passed for each stage by the MBA admissions panel.
All recommendations will be passed to the MBA Programme Director for final approval.
Terms and conditions
The Sheffield MBA Scholarship 2023 cannot be awarded in conjunction with other University scholarships.
In the event that an applicant is selected for more than one scholarship, the most valuable award will take precedence.
- You must commence your programme at the University of Sheffield in Autumn 2023.
- You must not be a sponsored student*. Scholarship recipients must be self-funding.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only. There is no cash alternative.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship decision appeals will be considered.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit by a fixed date.
Website link: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/management/sheffield-mba/scholarship-scheme