The University of California, Irvine, is currently accepting applications from well-qualified undergraduate and master’s students for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category. This opportunity is open to incoming freshmen from high school as well as transfer students for the academic session of 2023 – 2024.
The scholarship is renewable for up to 3 years for freshmen and up to 1 year for transfer students beyond their initial year of eligibility, provided they continue to meet the necessary requirements. Continuing students can apply for this scholarship during the month of January for the upcoming academic year.
– Sponsor: University of California, Irvine, USA
– Host Institution: University of California, Irvine, USA
– Scholarship Value: Not specified
– Number of Awards: Multiple
– Study Level: Undergraduate and Masters
– Eligible Nationalities: Domestic and International Students
Furthermore, UC Irvine provides numerous scholarship opportunities for current undergraduate students through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ annual online application. Some of the available scholarships include:
– The Regents’ Scholarship
– The Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
– The Directors’ Scholarship
Applicants for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category must meet the following requirements:
– Enrolled full-time as an undergraduate or master’s student (at least 12 units in each academic quarter) at UCI (Doctoral students should consult their department or Graduate Division for scholarship/fellowship options).
– Minimum undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA of 2.5.
– Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if eligible for need-based scholarships. For those eligible for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver but not for FAFSA, a California Dream Act application must be submitted. International students are ineligible for need-based scholarships.
To apply for the Distinguished Scholarship category, no separate scholarship application is required. Students are automatically considered based on their UC application for admission. No additional materials are needed for selection. To be considered for the specified scholarships, students must apply for fall admission by November 30, 2023.
For more scholarship opportunities, refer to: Chevening Scholarships for International Students at King’s College London (Fully-funded).
Website link: https://ofas.uci.edu/scholarships/uci-scholarship-central/index.php