Three scholarships will be offered to international students intending to commence at UC in semester 1 2023, who exhibit the University of Canberra’s core values and demonstrate a commitment to social engagement, sustainability and reducing inequalities.
We particularly encourage applications from students who:
- live in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa and South Asia.
- do not otherwise have the resources to finance international study.
- do not have access to other significant scholarships (example: Australia Awards).
Up to $50,000 per year, covering:
- all of your tuition fees for the course duration
- on-campus accommodation
- $10,000 AUD yearly financial allowance
- other miscellaneous expenses in the first year
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are located offshore at the time of application.
- have applied for but not yet commenced an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Canberra.
- have satisfied the program academic requirement with a minimum of 80% average (or equivalent).
- hold any form of offer letter (including conditional or provisional offer) issued by the University of Canberra.
- are applying to study on an Australian student visa (subclass 500).
- are a new commencing student.
- the primary visa applicant. Dependants will not be eligible for the scholarship, or able to accompany the primary visa applicant.
Applicants will need to submit a written statement that demonstrates the following:
- Financial need
- Demonstrated values and experience in the following areas:
- Potential to evolve as a leader in ways that embrace and advance the principles of social and economic equity, and their practice.
- Making a positive difference to the community by doing things differently, innovating, and inspiring others.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn from, collaborate and engage with perspectives from a range of cultural contexts.
Website link: https://www.canberra.edu.au/campaign/vice-chancellors-social-champion-scholarship