The Adelphi Graduate Recognition Scholarship is offered exclusively to high achieving graduate students who have been fully admitted into an eligible program and begin their graduate program in the summer of 2023, fall of 2023, or spring of 2024. Students may choose to take 6 credits–8 credits per semester and receive $1,000 per semester or enroll in 9 or more credits per semester and receive $2,500 per semester at the Garden City campus or our centers in Hauppauge, Manhattan, or Hudson Valley.
You will automatically be considered upon receipt of your complete graduate admissions application. Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 but no later than the priority deadline to ensure maximum eligibility for other sources of financial aid.
To be eligible, you must be accepted into an eligible graduate program, and enroll as a new Adelphi graduate student. Students with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2 will be considered.
6–8 credits per semester $1,000/semester; 9 or more credits per semester $2,500/semester. Previous Graduate Recognition award recipients who are enrolled in 9 credits within the summer 2023, fall 2023, and spring 2024 semesters will receive $2,500 /semester. This award is applicable to the summer, fall and spring semesters.
(Please note that all award terms listed below must be met each semester to receive this award):
- The level of your award will depend on your actual enrollment.
- This award in combination with other tuition awards cannot exceed the costs for tuition and fees.
- This award may not be combined with any other forms of scholarships, grants, remission or assistantships. If the amount of the Adelphi University Graduate Recognition Scholarship exceeds any of the above-mentioned forms of institutional aid, then this scholarship will replace any award of a lower amount.
- This award may not be applied towards any of the following programs: graduate online programs, contractual programs, doctoral-level programs, certificate programs, the masters in biology, and communication sciences and disorders.
- International students may be eligible for the Graduate International Recognition Scholarship (see details below).
Eligible students will receive a scholarship letter with their letter of acceptance. Recipients who have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and are eligible for federal financial aid will also receive a Financial Assistance Plan stating the amount of the award.