Scholarship Information at Fayetteville Technical Community College
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) presents a variety of scholarship opportunities designed to support students in their educational pursuits. Unlike loans, scholarships offer financial aid without the obligation of repayment. Below, we delve into the details of the scholarship options available at FTCC:
Advantages of Scholarships:
– Scholarships, being non-repayable, represent a favorable financial aid choice.
– They enable students to reserve federal financial aid for future academic endeavors, such as pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
– Possessing scholarships can bolster a student’s academic profile, potentially increasing their prospects for admission to specific four-year colleges and universities.
Golden LEAF Foundation Scholarship Opportunity:
The Golden LEAF Scholars Program provides grants of up to $2250 annually for curriculum students and up to $1850 annually for continuing education students. These grants assist with various expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, child care, transportation, and credential/licensure expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Curriculum Students:
– Must be a North Carolina resident.
– Financial need determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
– Enrolled full-time.
– Reside in a rural county that is tobacco-dependent and/or economically challenged.
Eligibility Criteria for Workforce Continuing Education Students:
– Enrolling in Workforce Continuing Education pathways/courses of 96 hours or more leading to a state or industry-recognized credential.
– Must reside in North Carolina.
– Criteria include unemployment, pending layoff notification, eligibility for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit, or earning wages at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Tom McLean Ambassadors Scholarship Program:
The Tom McLean Ambassador Program comprises an honorary group of students chosen to represent FTCC. Each FTCC Ambassador dedicates a year of service to FTCC, participating in various events, and is awarded a scholarship for their service.
– Receive a $1,300 scholarship ($650 each semester).
– Build connections within the FTCC community.
– Develop leadership skills.
– Network with community leaders and employers.
– Enhance employment and college application skills.
How to Apply:
– Enroll at FTCC and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours.
– Submit an online application.
– Provide required documents via email or USPS mail.
– Additional documents include two letters of reference from the FTCC community and a list of community service, awards, and accomplishments.
Website link: Click here