Have you ever considered the prospect of pursuing your studies in Switzerland with full financial support? Here, you’ll find an overview of prominent fully funded scholarships in Switzerland available for the commencement of studies in 2023. Switzerland is renowned for its high-quality education, outstanding infrastructure, and top-notch healthcare system, attracting a substantial number of international students every year.
Each year, Switzerland offers over 10,000 fully funded scholarships to students from around the globe. Here, we present a selection of the most sought-after scholarships that you can apply for to begin your fully funded educational journey in 2023.
Top List of Fully Funded Scholarships in Switzerland
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are available for both master’s and PhD programs. The first category provides exceptional master’s degree holders with the opportunity to pursue PhD research in Switzerland. These scholarships encompass research in all academic disciplines and master’s studies in various fields. Additionally, they offer bachelor’s degree holders from 180 countries the chance to pursue Master of Arts degree programs. Approximately 10% of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are dedicated to supporting art-related studies. Applications for the 2023/2024 intake are now open and can be accessed through the designated application portal.
This fully-funded scholarship includes the following benefits:
1. Housing allowance of CHF 300.
2. Full coverage of tuition fees.
3. Medical insurance.
4. Monthly stipends of CHF 1,920.
5. Airfare allowance.
6. Research funding.
Requirements for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships include:
1. A motivational letter.
2. A CV detailing academic achievements and publications.
3. A completed FCS research proposal form.
4. Bachelor’s certificate for art students or master’s certificate.
5. Academic transcripts from previous institutions.
6. A nomination letter from a Professor at a Swiss university expressing their willingness to supervise the applicant’s research.
7. A signed FCS medical certificate form.
8. Two copies of the applicant’s international passport (applicants with dual citizenship should provide copies of both passports).
9. Two recommendation letters (using the FCS reference forms) from previous professors in the applicant’s home country.
10. Any other specific requirements related to the chosen program of study.
ETH Zurich Scholarships:
ETH Zurich is a renowned world-class university known for its excellence in research and education across fields such as medicine, neuroscience, economics, and more. ETH Zurich offers fully-funded scholarships to international students interested in pursuing master’s programs at the university. These scholarships include:
1. The Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Program (ESOP): This scholarship is designed for outstanding students pursuing a master’s program at ETH Zurich. It covers full tuition fees, provides mentorship and networking opportunities, and offers a grant of CHF 12,000 per semester for living expenses.
2. ETH-D Scholarship: This scholarship covers full tuition fees and provides CHF 7,500 per semester for living expenses. Additionally, the applicant’s department may offer graduate assistantship roles with monthly stipends ranging from CHF 500 to CHF 600, or a scholarship of CHF 3,000 per semester.
Requirements for applying to ETH Zurich Scholarships include:
1. Completion of an online application form for both scholarships (ESOP and ETH-D Scholarships) through the university’s online Master application eApply portal.
2. Submission of a non-plagiarized and properly cited pre-proposal for a master’s thesis.
3. Details of two referees.
4. The application period for ETH Zurich scholarships typically opens in November.
University of Geneva Excellence Master’s Scholarships:
The University of Geneva is a prestigious public research university in Switzerland, known for its world-class research facilities and English-taught programs for international students. While not fully funded, this scholarship provides substantial financial relief to international students pursuing studies in the science field. Recipients of this scholarship receive awards ranging from CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year, which can be used to cover master’s tuition, fees, accommodation, or other expenses.
Requirements for applying to the University of Geneva Excellence Master’s Scholarship include:
1. Two letters of recommendation from previous professors.
2. A detailed CV.
3. Bachelor’s degree transcripts.
4. A motivational letter outlining academic goals and research interests.
5. Proof of the applicant’s matriculation process or scanned copies of an international passport and University of Geneva card.
6. English proficiency test scores or GRE scores.
Applications for this scholarship typically open in December.
Top 25 Master’s Scholarships Without IELTS or TOEFL