The University of the United Nations Netherlands is currently accepting applications for the 2024/2025 Postgraduate Scholarship at the United Nations University (UNU-MERIT). This scholarship program, a collaborative effort of UNU-MERIT and the School of Governance at Maastricht University, is designed for exceptionally bright students aspiring to pursue their studies at the university. Detailed information about the scholarship, including eligibility criteria, application procedures, and required documents, is provided below. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply promptly as the application period opens in November.
– Sponsor: United Nations University
– Type: Full Scholarship
– Worth: Full scholarship (specific value not disclosed)
– Number of Awards: Not specified
– Study Level: PhD
– Nationality: Open to candidates from United Nations member States
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Hold a Master’s degree in a relevant academic field, such as economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences, or public health.
– Possess basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, as demonstrated by academic or professional experience.
– Have a foundational understanding of economics, social sciences, political science, and/or law, as evidenced by previous academic studies or work experience.
– Proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (exempt for native English speakers or those who completed their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English).
Interested candidates should apply online through the provided link. The application documents may include:
– Certified copies of certificates and grades, along with an explanation of the grading system.
– Proof of English proficiency.
– A 400–500-word motivation letter.
– Three letters of recommendation (in English) from current or former professors or employers.
– A one-page essay specifying the research topic of interest.
– Curriculum vitae.
– Copy of passport.
– Passport-sized photo.
– Comprehensive information about current studies and/or employment.
The application period opens in November, and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications before the specified deadline.