Applications are currently being accepted for the Reach Oxford Scholarships, which are designed for students hailing from economically disadvantaged and developing nations. These scholarships provide an opportunity to pursue studies at the prestigious University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. Eligible candidates must hold citizenship in countries that receive official development assistance from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) Development Assistance Committee (DAC).
The Reach Oxford scholarships, previously known as Oxford Student Scholarships, are specifically tailored to assist students from low-income countries. This support is intended for those who face challenges pursuing a higher education degree within their home countries due to political, financial constraints, or a lack of appropriate educational resources.
Sponsorship for these scholarships is provided by the University of Oxford, and they offer full funding for the chosen academic programs. The host institution for these scholarships is, of course, the University of Oxford.
The exact value of the scholarships is outlined in the scholarship benefits section, and multiple awards will be granted to deserving candidates. These scholarships are available for undergraduate studies and are open to international students.
Reach Oxford Scholarships 2024/2025 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Must have received an offer of admission to one of the undergraduate programs at the University of Oxford.
2. Must demonstrate outstanding academic achievements alongside strong leadership qualities.
3. Applicants should be committed to returning to their home country upon completing their studies.
4. Priority will be given to applicants who have not pursued undergraduate studies previously.
Candidates from the following nations are eligible to apply:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
– Coverage of course fees
– Financial grant for living expenses
– One round-trip airfare per year
To apply, please adhere to the following instructions:
1. Apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford via UCAS by October 15, 2023, and secure admission.
2. Information regarding the scholarship application process for the 2024 intake will be accessible on the official scholarship webpage in January 2024.
3. For those applying for entry in 2024 who meet the scholarship deadline of February 7, 2024, the selection process will occur in March 2024.
4. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in April 2024.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023