The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships at the University of East Anglia for the 2024/25 academic session are now open for applications from qualified candidates. This scholarship, jointly funded by the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the University of East Anglia, provides fully funded one-year scholarships for individuals from developing countries who aspire to pursue full-time taught master’s studies in the UK.
The scholarships aim to support educational progress, foster international friendship, and contribute to the promotion of global peace and development.
– Scholarship Sponsor(s): Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and University of East Anglia.
– Host Institution(s): University of East Anglia, United Kingdom
– Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
– Number of Awards: Several
– Study Level: Postgraduate
– Nationality: Developing countries
To qualify for these fully funded scholarships, candidates must:
– Be citizens of and permanent residents in one of the developing countries listed in the United Nations Human Development Index Report 2020.
– Not have pursued studies lasting one year or more in a developed country.
– Lack the financial means, personally or through their families, to fund their studies in the UK.
– Commit to returning to their home country upon completing their studies.
– Be available to commence their studies in September 2024.
– Hold a good bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo (DRC), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The scholarship covers:
– Tuition fees
– Maintenance stipend
– Return economy travel
– Visa expenses
– Other allowances
To be considered for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships 2024, applicants must first apply for a relevant taught program of study and obtain a Student Application Number. Applications lacking a valid Student Application Number will not be considered. Once the Student Application ID is received, applicants should complete the online application form.
Application Deadline: April 19, 2024.