Scholarships provided by the Mastercard Foundation for the academic year 2024/2025 at the University of British Columbia in Canada.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada. In collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, the University is offering extensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa who wish to pursue their studies in Canada.
The program aims to provide educational opportunities for academically talented individuals facing economic challenges. Scholars selected for the program must exhibit a commitment to community service and the development of leadership skills essential for contributing to social and economic transformations throughout the African continent.
– Scholarship Sponsor(s): UBC & Mastercard Foundation
– Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
– Funding Amount: Not specified
– Number of Awards: Multiple
– Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
– Nationality: African
– More Information: University of Hohenheim DAAD-EPOS Scholarships 2024 [Fully-Funded]
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Sub-Saharan African Students, applicants are required to meet the following conditions:
– Completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
– No prior possession of a graduate or PhD degree.
– Age 35 or younger at the time of application (born in 1988 or after).
– Citizenship or refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country (listed on the official website).
– Significant residence in a Sub-Saharan African country.
– Financially disadvantaged circumstances.
– Academic excellence achieved under challenging conditions.
– Leadership qualities or potential.
– Interest in and commitment to giving back to the home community.
– Requirement for a Canadian study permit.
– Not having claimed asylum or protected person status upon arrival in Canada.
– Commitment to returning to Africa to apply acquired training and skills for the betterment of others.
– Application for a Master’s degree in eligible programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia in 2024 covers the following faculties and programs:
1. Faculty of Forestry:
– Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM)
– Master of International Forestry (MIF)
– Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM)
2. Faculty of Land and Food Systems:
– Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
– Master of Food Science (MFS)
– Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
3. Faculty of Science:
– Master of Data Science
Interested applicants should apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Sub-Saharan African Students by completing the online application form. The application package, including the form, personal statements, CV, two reference letters on official letterhead, transcripts, and a signed declaration, should be submitted electronically as a single PDF document via email to email@example.com.